A couple of weeks ago I was tagged by the lovely and talented Evie from Handmade Romance for a Kreative Blog Award. The next day I went into labour – so unfortunately I had to put it on the back-burner for a little while. But I'm back now and ready to play! I have to share 7 things about myself and then pass the award onto 7 others. Here we go:
1. My parents fled a Communist Poland in the early 80's to give me a better life. One day when I was 14 months old they loaded up the Fiat, said their goodbyes and drove across the border in the middle of the night.
2. I was never really into drawing as a child. I was into colouring. And I was very good at it even if I do say so myself.
3. When I fell pregnant with Baby Bear I hadn't had a period in over 3 years. The doctors said there was nothing medically wrong with me. (Ok – this is quite personal but I do think it's amazing that my body was too stressed in London to conceive a child, whereas within a few days of being back in Oz little BB was already growing in my belly!)
4. My favourite colour is green. All shades.
5. I only confirmed my earliest memory this week. I was talking with my mum about a toy I had when I was little – an apple money box, with a little worm that would come out and eat your coin – and she said that toy stayed at my Aunts house in Poland when we left. That means I was 14 months old. I remember it so vividly I always assumed I was about 6 when I had that toy.
6. I don't watch television. (We don't own one...)
7. I'm a notorious ingredients eater. I've usually eaten half my meal before it's cooked. This is a big bone of contention for PB. It's like I'm messing with his profession. I'm watched like a hawk if I enter the kitchen while he's cooking.
8. I've added an 8 because I don't like odd numbers.
I'm passing this on to: her library adventures, le petit oiseau, pottymouthmama, marvelous kiddo, cassandra allen, ripe today and maggie & sparrow.
(Image L-R: Me, my aunty and my mum, Austria 1982)